Thursday, June 27, 2013

Born Lolita tutorial

I HAD to make a design with this new nail polish i got, because I absolutely love the color, so I came up with the lolita design.

You can find the review for the new polish here
http://deenails0.blogspot.com/2013/06/review-tips-and-tricks-new-bps-holo.html

Materials used:


  • Born pretty holo polish #2
  • Acrylic paint: black, white, light pink
  • Painting brushes
  • NYC tribeca silver
  • 5mm light pink rhinestones
  • 1.5mm clear rhinestones
  • Hot pink star rhinestones
  • Clear holographic 1mm glitter flakes



I polished all the nails with my new favorite polish that you can get here
  Holo Polish


The next step I did was to paint a semi circular shape on the bottom of every nail using black acrylic paint.


Outline the black shape with a silver polish.


Use top coat before going to the next step in case you make any mistake.

Use light pink acrylic paint to make some dots with a brush or dotting tool. I used a brush because my dotting tools are not big enough.


Paint some smaller dots with white paint.


Using a toothpick, brush, or orange stick make some very small dots in the empty spaces without clustering them.


Paint a layer of topcoat and add a big pink/purple rhinestone on the silver line and 2 small clear rhinestones on each side of it.


For the middle nails I painted different sized white dots on half of the nail.


After adding some topcoat I applied random transparent holographic glitter between the dots. It's not so visible in my picture but it enhances the polish effect.



I added the same rhinestones like on the other nails and some extra star rhinestones between the white dots.


Seal everything in topcoat and apply cuticle oil.

This is a super easy to make design and pretty fast. It also has a great effect.

My step by step pictures are a little messy but i fixed everything on the way for an overall nice result.





If you use my designs and post it anywhere please mention DeeDee Livesay inspired. Id appreciate it.

LIKE DeeNails facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/deenails0
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/DeeNailsX

2 comments:

  1. Our " Born Pretty Holo Polish Contest " is still on now . http://www.bornprettystore.blogspot.com/2013/06/born-pretty-holo-polish-contest.html
    Did you attend ?
    This giveaway starts on June 7th, 2013 ~ July 16 ,2013 .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did! thank you. i didnt know about the contest until like 1 hour ago when i had already made the tutorial. i just uploaded it on youtube with the title that says in the rules and made a video response to that video. is not showing yet i dont know why. but i hope im lucky

      Delete